【Name】Clofazimine Soft Capsule
1. As selected drug for Lepromatous leprosy treatment, should normally be used in combination with dapsone.
2. Combined with rifampicin or ethionamide to treat infections caused by Drug-resistant strains of sulfone.
3. It can also be used to treat erythematous nodular leprosy reactions and other drug-induced acute leprosy reactions.
4. It can also be combined with other anti-tuberculosis drugs for AIDS patients with atypical mycobacterial infection, but clinical efficacy is very dissatisfied.
【Dosage and Administration】
1. Various types of dapsone-resistant leprosy, orally taken 50~100mg once per day, combined with one or more other anti-leprosy together.
2. Various types of leprosy with Erythematous nodular leprosy reactions and omen of nerve damage or skin ulcer, orally 100~300mg once per day. Helps to reduce and eliminate prednisone (daily 40 ~ 80mg). After the reaction is controlled, gradually decreasing to daily 100mg. To achieve adequate drug concentration in the tissue, gradually reduce prednisone dosage after two months medication. Without omen of nerve damage or skin ulcer, treat as dapsone-resistant leprosy.
3. To treat various types of dapsone-sensitive leprosy, this product can be combined with the other two anti-leprosy drugs. If possible, three-drug combined at least 2 years, until the skin smear is bacteria tested in negative. Thereafter, continue to use an appropriate medication.
4. No more than 300mg in maximum per day for adult orally dose.
1. Use carefully for patients with previous gastrointestinal disorders or liver damage, and intolerable with this product.
2. Should be taken with food or milk at the same time.
3. In order to prevent drug resistance, the product should be combined with one or more other anti-leprosy drugs.
4. When treatment for variety of bacillary leprosy with Erythematous nodules reaction, if with omen of nerve damage or skin ulcer, the product can be combined with Adrenocorticotropic hormone.
5. Treatment for variety of bacillary leprosy (Boundary type, Boundaries - lepromatous and lepromatous leprosy) should be last for more than 2 years, even a lifetime administration.
6. Daily doses more than 100mg should be closely observed, treatment should be as short as possible.
7. Interfere with the diagnosis: can cause accelerating of erythrocyte sedimentation rate; increasing of blood glucose, albumin, serum aminotransferase and bilirubin; decreasing of blood potassium.
8. During the treatment, the patient occurs with abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea should decrease dose, extend the period of administration or withdrawal.